JEFA Tech WiFi Repeater System XRSKU: JEFA-REPEATER-XR
Suitable for RVs, Boats, and Outbuildings, the JEFA Tech Repeater XR features an outdoor active WiFi receiver and separate indoor Access Point for maximum range and speed.
The next generation JEFA Tech WiFi Repeater is here! Fully supports 802.11n at full speed! The JEFA Tech Repeater XR is faster, more compact, and has longer range than our original model!
A comparison of JEFA Tech WiFi Repeaters is available here
Customer provided installation pictures here!
The JEFA Tech Repeater XR system consists of a weather proof, long range, 802.11n WiFi receiver (PICO) which receives the outdoor WiFi signal. The AirGateway is an indoor 802.11n WiFi access point that creates a private WiFi hotspot using the WiFi signal received by the PICO. This provides WiFi internet access to all of the devices in your RV or Boat.
Are you having trouble with weak WiFi signals in RV Campgrounds or Marinas? Why not bring your own WiFi repeater with you to boost your signal? This is the perfect solution for using your iPad, Android tablet, laptop, smart TV, or any WiFi device inside your RV or boat!
Many campgrounds and marinas offer free WiFi Internet, but you can't get a strong enough signal inside where you really need it! It is very frustrating!
THE PROBLEM: WiFi is a "line of sight" technology. Many RV's have aluminum skins or bracing which block the signal. Even if your RV is fiberglass, there may be another RV parked next to you that has a solid aluminum skin, blocking your signal. In the case of boats, your boat is low on the water. You need an antenna up on the deck or up on the mast where it can catch the WiFi signals from shore.
THE SOLUTION: An active, amplified antenna on the outside of your RV or boat, with a clear "line of sight" to the WiFi signals around you feeds the WiFi signal into the repeater unit which then provides you with your own personal WiFi hotspot in your RV or boat. You connect just as you normally would with your computer's built in WiFi. There is no software to install. It works with all operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, Android) Multiple devices can connect to the repeater at one time allowing you to share the connection with your family or friends if you wish.
Everything you need is included:
- Outdoor active WiFi Antenna with built-in amplifier
- Indoor WiFi Access Point to provide WiFi to your devices
- Wall Mount Bracket for Indoor WiFi Access Point for permanent mounting
- 50 Feet of "No Loss" Shielded Cat5e Outdoor Rated Cable
- 120 VAC Power Supply (12 Volt DC options are available separately)
- Instruction Manual
- Lifetime USA based tech support via phone or e-mail
- Mount the active WiFi antenna outside
- Route the cable inside
- Connect to the Repeater's WiFi signal and follow the easy instructions to scan and connect
- SIMPLE TO INSTALL, EASY TO USE
- NO ANTENNA POINTING REQUIRED
- YOUR OWN WIFI HOTSPOT IN AND AROUND YOUR RV OR BOAT
- MULTIPLE DEVICES -TABLETS, LAPTOPS, PHONES, ALL ONLINE AT THE SAME TIME
- NO SOFTWARE TO INSTALL
- WORKS WITH ANY COMPUTER, TABLET OR WIFI DEVICE!
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI HOTSPOT
- Connects to all WiFi Networks (802.11b/g/n) at full network speed
RANGE: This by far is the most commonly asked question. Can you connect to WiFi access points several miles away with this equipment? Yes, you absolutely can. However it is important to understand that there are many variables and conditions involved in order to get this kind of range. Most of the time these conditions are out of your control. Your optimal conditions will be that the source WiFi has an outdoor antenna with strong amplifier and there are little to no obstacles in between you and the source WiFi antenna. In this case, connections spanning miles are possible and realistic. When you start adding obstacles such as buildings or trees, the range quickly drops. Also, trying to connect to a "home" WiFi router inside a home or office building is difficult for any equipment (not just ours) due to the walls of the building blocking the signal. It is not realistic to expect to connect to a public WiFi hotspot inside a McDonald's or Starbucks from a mile away, for example. A connection to a McDonald's, Starbucks, or similar would only be possible if you were parked in their parking lot.
Warranty and Support:
- One year hardware warranty
- Lifetime USA based tech support from JEFA Tech. Call or e-mail and we'll be happy to help you!