Repeater XR PLUS – BULLET Reset and Reload Instructions
Posted by A.J. Farmer on
The following instructions describe how to reset and reload the configuration for your BULLET outdoor WiFi receiver. You should follow this procedure if you are having the following symptoms when using your JEFA Tech Repeater XR PLUS:
- You can see your repeater’s private WiFi network, but when attempting to connect to it, you may receive an error message such as “unable to obtain IP address”, “limited connectivity”, “Self Assigned IP” or “DHCP error”
- NOTE, your repeater’s private WiFi network may be named “jefatech-repeater” or it may be a custom name that you have given your repeater
You should first verify that your BULLET is properly connected and powered on:
- Verify the black cable from your BULLET is plugged into the port marked POE on your indoor AIRGATEWAY unit
- Verify that there are no breaks in the cable from the BULLET to the AIRGATEWAY
After verifying the above, disconnect from and reconnect to your repeater’s private WiFi network. If you are still experiencing the same symptoms, you should reload the configuration of your BULLET:
This procedure must be performed with a computer (Windows or MAC). It is not possible to do this procedure with a smartphone or tablet.
- Download and save the BULLET configuration file – click this link to download
- Disconnect all cables from the AIRGATEWAY (indoor unit)
- Separate the AIRGATEWAY from the POE injector by removing the wall mounting bracket and snapping the two pieces apart. Set the AIRGATEWAY and wall mounting bracket aside for now.
- Connect the power to the POE Injector, and connect the black cable from the BULLET to the port marked POE on the POE Injector
- Wait 30 seconds for the BULLET to power up
- Using a paper clip, press and hold the reset button on the back of the POE Injector for 15 seconds and release
- Reassemble the POE Injector and AirGateway
- Connect to your repeater’s private WiFi network. It may be named “jefatech-repeater” or it may be a custom name that you have given your repeater.
- Set your WiFi Network Interface to a static IP address of 192.168.1.21 – click here for more detailed information -> WINDOWS – MAC OS X
- Open your web browser and go to http://192.168.1.20 – if this page will not display, double check you have set your static address correctly in step 3.
- Enter username: ubnt password: ubnt Select your country, check the box to agree to terms, and click “Login”
- Click on the System Tab
- You will see an orange box stating that using a default Administrator password. Click Dismiss
- Near the bottom right, look for “Upload Configuration”
- Click the “Choose File” button and select the “BULLET.cfg” that you downloaded in step 1
- Click the “Upload” button
- At the top right, click “Apply”
- The update is now complete. Close your web browser.
- Set your WiFi Network Interface back to a dynamic DHCP IP address – click here for more detailed information -> WINDOWS – MAC OS X
- You should now be able to use your Repeater XR PLUS as normal. Try going to the configuration page at http://192.168.123.1
Share this post
- Tags: xr-plus