JEFA Tech WiFi Repeater Kit for RVsSKU: RV-KIT-REPEATER
Designed for RV use, this product allows you to bring the RV campground WiFi into your RV.
Are you having trouble with weak WiFi signals in campgrounds? Why not bring your own WiFi repeater with you to boost your signal? This is the perfect solution for using your iPad, Android tablet, or laptop inside your RV!
A comparison of JEFA Tech WiFi Repeaters is available here
Many campgrounds today offer free WiFi Internet, but you can only pick it up outside your RV and not inside where you really need it! It is very frustrating!
THE PROBLEM: WiFi is a "line of sight" technology. Many RV's have aluminum skins or bracing which block the signal. Even if your RV is fiberglass, there may be another RV parked next to you that has a solid aluminum skin, blocking your signal!
THE SOLUTION: A high gain antenna on the outside of your RV, above the roofline, with a clear "line of sight" to the campground WiFi. This antenna feeds the campground WiFi signal into the repeater unit which then provides you with your own personal WiFi hotspot in your RV and around your campsite. You connect just as you normally would with your computer's built in WiFi. There is no software to install. It works with all operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux) Multiple computers can connect to the repeater at one time allowing you to share the connection with your family or friends if you wish.
- SIMPLE TO INSTALL, EASY TO USE
- NO ANTENNA POINTING REQUIRED
- YOUR OWN WIFI HOTSPOT IN AND AROUND YOUR RV
- MULTIPLE DEVICES -TABLETS, LAPTOPS, PHONES, ALL ONLINE AT THE SAME TIME
- NO SOFTWARE TO INSTALL
- WORKS WITH ANY OPERATING SYSTEM!
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI HOTSPOT
- Connects to 802.11b/g and 802.11n* networks
This is not just an ordinary Linksys router! Yes, this is Linksys router hardware, but what is "under the hood" is much different. We have installed our own custom build of firmware which provides this easy to use repeating function. By using trusted off the shelf Linksys hardware, it keeps our costs down so we can pass the savings on to our customers. Most importantly, we provide you with a full step by step instruction manual and one full year of technical support. In the unlikely event that you have any trouble with the unit, we'll be here to help.
Everything you need is included:
- Wi-Fi Repeater Unit
- 120VAC Power Supply (12 Volt DC options are available separately)
- Your choice of high Gain Outdoor Omnidirectional Antenna (no pointing required!)
- Your choice of length of antenna cable **
- Instruction Manual
- One year of tech support from JEFA Tech
- Free firmware updates for this major version (2.x)
- Mount the antenna outside
- Route the cable inside
- Connect to the Repeater's WiFi signal and go through the configuration wizard
8.5dBi Portable Omni (pictured)
This antenna is preferred by most campers because it is small and portable. It also features an easy tool-less mount for easy assembly and disassembly.
- 2500 Feet range under ideal conditions (outdoor line of sight, hotspot has outside antenna).
- Compact: 2 feet tall - easy to transport and store.
- Wingnuts for easy portable assembly without tools.
- Best for portable camping use.
15dBi High Gain Omni
This antenna is an optional upgrade for an additional charge. For those that want the longest range possible, this antenna is the best choice. The drawback is that it is much larger (5.5 feet tall) so it is a bit cumbersome to store and transport.
- 5000 Feet range under ideal conditions (outdoor line of sight, hotspot has outside antenna).
- Large: 5.5 feet tall - not as easy to store and transport.
- Best for permanent use.
- Standard nuts on mount (not wingnuts).
IMPORTANT - The repeater does not work with directional antennas.
We are posting this because we have had some customers purchase a directional antenna separately instead of using one of the omni-directional antennas that are recommended. The primary antenna must be able to communicate with both the remote access point and the clients it is serving. If a directional antenna is used, the repeater ends up repeating the signal back in the same direction and performance greatly suffers. We have performed extensive testing with directional antennas and IT DOES NOT WORK WELL. Please do not try to use the repeater with a directional antenna. You will not be satisfied with its performance.
*The repeater unit is 802.11b/g hardware, which also connects to 802.11n networks. Our repeater will connect to both 802.11b/g and 802.11n networks and repeat the signal using the 802.11b/g protocol..
**The antenna cable type is Low Loss 240 Flex. Note that TV or Satellite style coax is NOT compatible.
More questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions